To Vote in the 2020 Election, you have three options for casting your ballot. Review the steps below to plan the best approach for you and your family. We recommend making a concrete plan for voting to ensure that your voice is heard. Also please consider becoming a paid poll worker. Many senior citizens, who are our typical poll workers feel unsafe doing the job this year.
Absentee Ballot Option
You may request an absentee ballot online at nycabsentee.com or call 1866-VOTE-NYC. Check the box for “temporary illness”. Call 1866-VOTE-NYC to make sure your request was received and processed correctly. If there is a problem, you can correct it. The personnel are very helpful in the Bronx office. Ballots are being mailed beginning September 18.
When you receive your ballot:
- Mark your votes on the ballot,
- Fold the ballot and put it in the smaller envelope.
- Sign and date the back of the envelope.
- Seal the envelope
- Put the small envelope into the larger envelope that is addressed to the Board of Elections.
- Return your ballot (You have two options)
- By Mail: Mail your ballot as early as possible to ensure it is postmarked in time or deliver your ballot to your borough Board of Elections office. While not required, we suggest adding postage to ensure it will be treated as first class mail.
- Drop Off: Drop the ballot off at an early voting poll site between October 24 and November 1 or drop it off at the polls on November 3 Election Day.
- You may track your ballot using the link on Vote.nyc.
Early Voting Option
Early Voting Period is October 24, 2020 – November 1, 2020
Poll sites, days and hours are posted on the Vote.nyc website now.
Election Day In-Person Option
Election Day is Tuesday, November 3, 2020
Vote at your usual polling place between 6am and 9pm. Check Vote.nyc for any late-breaking changes to your polling location.
Poll Workers are Still Needed
Sign up at the Board of Election to be a paid poll worker.
Board of Elections in The City of New York
Bronx Office: 1780 Grand Concourse, 5th Floor
Bronx, NY 10457